The Third International Conference of “Holocaust Museums and Memorial Places in Post-Communist Countries. Challenges and Opportunities” will take place in May 2015, in Riga.
• Memorialization of the Holocaust in post-communist countries.
• The history of Holocaust Education as a part of the activities of museums.
• Jewish Forced Labor under the Nazis.
• Jews of the Reich and Protectorate deported to Eastern Europe for extermination.
• The fate of the Roma (Gypsies) during the Holocaust.
The deadline for applications is February 10, 2015. Please send a title of your paper, an abstract (no more than 500 words), your first and last names, academic degree, academic affiliation, address and e-mail to: project@ shamir.lv.
Working languages of the conference are English and Russian. Applications and presentations can be done in either of the two languages. Conference papers will be published in a special issue.
For more information and registration contact: